- - 2 cups Scraped Coconut Shreds
- - 1 cup Sugar
- - 1-1/2 cup Water
- - 2 tbsp Milk
- - 1 tbsp Ghee
- - 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- - Gently fry the coconut shreds at a moderate temperature in a heated pan.
- - Remove it from heat when the coconut milk moisture is somewhat lessened.
- - Now boil water over moderate heat in a separate vessel.
- - When the water boils, add the sugar and keep on stirring till the sugar water boils.
- - Add milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
- - Add the fried coconut shreds to it, when the sugar syrup reaches a thick syrupy stage .
- - Stir constantly till the coconut and sugar syrup are blended thickly and stickily together.
- - Now add ghee and cardamom seeds powder.
- - Stir till the mixture looks thick.
- - Remove from the heat and pour into a ghee-smeared table or plate.
- - With the help of an oiled flat slice flatten the surface evenly .
- - When cold, cut into squares or diamond shapes and serve.