Crullers are ring shaped fried pastries basically a traditional sweet dish. They are prepared by using powdered sugar mixed with cinnamon. The Cruller are amongst the most popular bakery products consumed all over the world
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- 4 slices Bread
- 3 tblsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbspn Milk
- 1 cup condensed Milk
- Pinch of grated Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tblsp powdered Sugar
- 2 cups sieved Refined Flour
- Mix sugar with the butter till the sugar gets dissolved or partly dissolved in the butter. Be careful to use a wooden spoon for mixing.
- Beat the eggs and and add them into the basin.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Even the refined flour along with the baking powder into the basin.
- Mix all the ingredients and then add milk.
- Add the cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Using little water make a dough.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and free from stickiness.
- Allow the dough to stand for 20 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into even sized balls.
- Make the rounds resemble doughnuts by making hole in the centre of each round.
- Take a kadai and add oil to it.
- Deep fry the rounds till they turn into golden brown colour.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.