Galinha Cafreal (Chicken marinated and fried)
- - 1 full: Large chicken (1¼ kg:) jointed
- - 2 medium size: Onions, chopped fine
- - 4 large: Tomatoes, halved
- - 6 medium size: Potatoes, boiled, halved
- - 6 : Green chillies/peppers
- - 1 ¼ inch piece: Ginger
- - 10 cloves: Garlic
- - 1 tbsp: Coriander seeds
- - 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - ½ tsp: Garam masala
- - 1 tbsp: Lemon juice
- - 3 tbsp: Oil
- - Salt as per taste
- - Grind to a fine paste, the ginger, garlic and all the spices in the lemon juice, including the green chillies/peppers and half chopped onions, adding salt as per taste.
- - Joint the chicken and apply the ground spices to the chicken pieces.
- - Marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- - Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and saute the rest of the chopped onion.
- - Fry the chicken turning them over both the sides till the pieces are browned and cooked (approx. 20 mins).
- - In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp oil and fry potatoes and then very lightly the halved tomatoes.
- - Serve the chicken with the fried potatoes and tomatoes.