Ghevar is a sweet specialty from Jaipur. It is a round cake made from daal or flour mix soaked in ghee and milk and topped with sliced almonds.
- Milk : Half Cup
- Water : Four Cups
- Solidified Ghee : 1 Cup
- Plain flour : 03 Cups
- Food color (Yellow): 1/4 tsp
- Ice cubes : Three-four pieces
- Essence of Kewra : 5-6 Drops
- Ghee - 1 k.g.
- Milk with1/2 tsp. of rubbed saffron
- Chopped Almonds and Pistachios : One tbsp
- Powdered Cardamom : 1 tsp
- Ingredients for
- Sugar : 1 ½ Cups
- Water : 1 Cup
- Make sugar syrup.
- Take a large bowl and rub the solidified Ghee with ice cubes into it, till the color of the mix turns white.
- Add milk, flour and one cup water into a mix for making the batter.
- add the food color in water into the batter and after that mix the essence into it.
- You can add some water to make the batter free flowing.
- Fill a cylindrical container with ghee and heat it. Pour about 50 ml of batter into the container, after the settlement of the froth add another glassful of batter into the batter.
- When the froth settles down, take out the Ghevar and put it on a wire mesh to drain the oil.
- Take a large and flat container to hold the ghevar. After few minutes take out the ghevar and put it on mesh again. Let it cool down for few minutes and spray a few drops of saffron milk, chopped dry fruit and the cardamom powder.