Goan Sambharachi Kodi (Prawn curry)
- 100 gm: Peeled prawns
- 100 gm: Dried prawns
- 4 medium size: Onions
- 2 cup: Coconuts, grated
- 20 pcs: Bilimbis
- 5 pcs: Mango seeds (padde)
- 1 inch piece: Ginger
- 6 flakes: Garlic
- 6-7: Green chillies
- Walnut sized ball of tamarind
- 4-5 tbsp: Goan sambhar masala
- 1 tbsp: Sugar
- 4 pcs: Maggi cubes
- 2 tbsp: Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Mix the dried and fresh prawns together, salt and keep aside.
- Slice the bilimbis, add a handful of salt and let it drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Crush the ginger and garlic and fry over slow fire in the heated oil.
- Slice the onions, and fry along with the ginger and garlic, till brown.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl and keep aside.
- Fry the blimbis in the remaining oil in the pan till they change
color. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add ginger and garlic and fried onions back to the pan.
- Add the prawns, mango seeds and green chillies and fry.
- Extract thick coconut juice and keep aside.
- Then take about 1½ litre of thin juice.
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoons of the above sambhar masala and blend well with the coconut juice.
- Add it to the prawn mixture in the pan and let it boil well for about half an hour. Then add the thick coconut juice, bilimbis, sugar, maggi cubes and ½ cup tamarind water. Let the mixture cook well. Add salt and sugar if necessary.
- Serve with boiled Goa rice as a curry.