- - 100 gm: Yam sliced into small pieces
- - ½ litre: Mashed yogurt (without water)
- - 1 small: Raw banana
- - 1/2 cup: Grated coconut
- - ½ tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 1 tsp: Pepper powder
- - 1cup: Water
- - ¼ tsp: Turmeric powder
- - ½ tsp: Fried and powdered fenugreek
- - 3-4: Green chillies (slit the edge)
- - 3 tsp: Ghee
- - 2-3: Dried chilli (split into 2)
- - 1 tsp: Mustard
- - 1 tsp: Ghee
- - 1sprig: Curry leaves
- - Salt to taste
- - Remove the skin of the plantain and slice it into small pieces.
- - Grind the coconut and cumin to a smooth paste without adding water. Keep it aside.
- - Dissolve the pepper powder in ½ cup of water and strain it through a clean cloth. Cook the vegetables in this water.
- - Add the turmeric powder and salt. Stir well.
- - When the water dries, add 1 tsp ghee. Pour the yogurt and mix well. Lower the flame.
- - When the curd boils and becomes dry and thick, add the ground coconut mixture and fenugreek powder into it. Stir well.
- - Brings to a boil and remove from fire. Season with mustard, dried chillies and curry leaves.