Ingredients (Makes: 20 pieces)
- 2 cups: Refined flour (maida)
- 2 cups: Jaggery
- 1 tsp: Cardamom powder
- 3/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp: Oil
- Drain and cook chana dal in a pressure cooker till soft. Drain out excess water till the dal is absolutely dry.
- Add jaggery and cook further till blended and mash into a soft paste. Grind if some are still whole. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Form 20 balls of equal size and reserve.
- Mix refined flour (maida), oil, water and turmeric powder. Make a very soft, sticky dough. Divide into 20 equal portions.
- With greased palms, take one portion of dough and flatten it into a disc of the size of the palm. Place a ball of chanajaggery paste in the centre and fold the disc from all sides to cover the paste completely.
- 6. On a well-floured board, preferably over a sheet of clean transparent plastic, gently roll out each poli to a 12 to 14 cms disc.
- Roast each poli on a hot, dry girdle with no oil or ghee. Roast both sides till well done and aromatic. Fold over each roasted poli and stack.
- Serve warm with clarified butter or a bowl of milk.