- 12 pc: Medium sized prawns
- 1 cup: Sooji
- 3 tsp: Lime juice
- ½ tsp: Turmeric powder
- 3 tsp: Tamarind water
- 5 pcs: Red button chillies
- 2/3 tsp: Red chilli powder
- 6-7: Curry leaves
- ¼ tsp: Salt
- 5 tsp: Oil
- Make marinade by mixing lime-juice, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and tamarind water together. Immerse prawns in it and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Coat marinated prawns with sooji and keep aside for another 3 minutes.
- Heat oil and put red button chillies in it. After 1 minute add curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste to it the tadka is ready.
- Add ready madras coconut chutney to it. Take off fire and keep aside to serve with karwari prawns.
- Heat oil in pan and shallow fry the prawns.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.