Keema Methi (Minced Meat with Fenugreek Leaves)
- - 500 gm: Minced mutton/lamb/beef (weighed after de-boning)
- - 250 gm: Methi leaves-cleaned, washed and chopped
- - 1 cup: Grated onions
- - 2 cup: Chopped tomatoes
- - 1 tsp: Ginger paste
- - 1 tsp: Garlic paste
- - 2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 1 tsp: Garam masala
- -1 tbsp: Powdered coriander seeds
- - 1/2 tsp: Turmeric
- - 1/2 tsp: Powdered black pepper
- - 1/2 tsp: Powdered red pepper
- - 2-3: Bay leaves
- - 1/2 cup/ (120 gm): Oil
- - 1 tbsp: Salt
- - Heat oil and add the cumin seeds.
- - When the seeds splutter, add the garlic, ginger, onions, bay leaves and the garam masala, and stir-fry, till the fat separates.
- - Add the tomatoes and continue to stir-fry till the fat separates once again, then add the salt, coriander, turmeric, red and black pepper.
- - Over high heat, add the meat, stir a few times till the colour changes, and then lower the heat.
- - Continue to stir fry, till the keema is almost cooked through.
- - Add the fenugreek leaves and cook till fat separates once again. Serve hot.