Ingredients (Makes: 20 pieces)
- - 1 cup: Gram flour
- - 1/4 cup: Chopped onions
- - 6 cloves: Garlic-chopped
- - 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1 cup: Coriander leaves - chopped
- - 1 tbsp: Chilli-ginger paste
- - Salt to taste
- - 1 tbsp: Oil
- - Oil for shallow frying
- - 1 3/4 cup: Water
- - Put oil, onions and garlic into a casserole dish and sauté in a microwave oven on high, covered, for 2 minutes OR heat oil and add onions and garlic and sauté till a light brown.
- - Mix gram flour and water together to make an even batter. Pour it into the casserole dish and cook on medium-high, for 4 minutes, without lid. Stir once. OR cook over medium heat stirring all the time till mixture thickens (a little bit cooled on a surface, should set).
- - Mix the remaining ingredients and cook on high for 4 minutes. Stir once. OR cook over high heat stirring all the time till setting consistency is reached again.
- - Remove mixture onto a tray and spread into a 1/2" thick rectangle. Cool completely. Cut into square pieces.
- - Shallow fry the square pieces until golden brown. Use a little oil on a non-stick griddle.