Ingredients (Serves 6)
- - 1 cup: Wheat flour (aata), sieved
- - 1 cup: Gram flour (besan), sieved
- - 1/2 cup: Peanuts, coarsely pounded
- - 2 tbsp: White sesame seeds (til)
- - 1 tsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- - 3 cups: Coriander leaves, chopped
- - 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- - 1 tsp: Sugar
- - 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- - 1/2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1/4 tsp: Soda bicarb
- - Oil as needed
- - Salt to taste
- - Mix flours, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, peanut powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, soda bicarb, ginger-garlic paste, sugar and salt. Add water and make a thick paste.
- - Heat 2 tbsps oil and add to the paste.
- - Grease a deep platter and spread the paste evenly. Steam for 15 minutes in an idli steamer or pressure cooker, without using the weight. Remove and cool.
- - Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- - Heat oil and deep fry these pieces.
- - Serve hot with green chutney.