Kulfi (Pista Kulfi)
- - 1/2 tsp. ground Green Cardamom Seeds (chotti elaichi)
- - 4 cups Milk
- - 1 tbsp thinly sliced skinned Pista (pistachios)
- - 8 tsp. Sugar or to Taste
- - 1tbsp. finely ground Skinned Badaam (almonds) - optional
- - Take a pan and add milk to it.
- - Boil it over high heat with constant stirring.
- - Lower the heat and cook the milk for about 40-45 minutes.
- - Stir the sides of the pan constantly to avoid scalding. until the milk has thickened and reduced to about 13/4th cups.
- - Add sugar, nuts and cardamom seeds to the pan.
- - Stir the mixture well and allow it to cool.
- - Take Kulfi molds or small ramekins and pour the mixture into it in equal distribution.
- - Cover with plastic wrap or foil and freeze for about 6 hours. This will make the mixture settle.
- - Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pista kulfi to remove the ice-cream from the molds.
- - Slip each kulfi on to a dessert plate and cut across into 3-4 slices.
- - Chilled Kulfi is ready to be served.