- - 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- - 2 tsp Cornflour
- - 1/4 tsp Citric Acid
- - 1 litre low fat Milk
- - 4 sachets substitute Sugar
- - Saffron Strands
- - 1 tsp chopped Pistachios (for garnishing)
- - Saffron Strands (Some more for garnishing)
- - Take a heavy bottomed pan and add milk to it.
- - Take out 8 tsp milk aside.
- - Boil rest of the milk with continuous stirring throughout, till its quantity reduces to half.
- - Take a small vessel and add saffron to it.
- - Heat the saffron and add 4 tsp milk.
- - Rub till the saffron dissolves.
- - Add this to the boiling milk.
- - Combine citric acid with 3 tsp of water and mix well.
- - Now add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk till it curdles a little.
- - Mix the cornflour with 4 tsp milk.
- - Now and add this to the boiling mixture with constant stirring until the mixture becomes thick and resembles khoya.
- - Add the cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- - Allow it to cool.
- - Combine the sugar substitute with it and mix well.
- - Shape the mixture into small balls.
- - Use saffron and pistachio to garnish it.
- - Delicious Malai Peda are ready to be served.