Mishti Doi (Sweetened Curd)
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 6)
- - 1 litre: Full cream milk
- - 300 gm: Palm jaggery
- - 2 tsp: Curd
- - Heat the milk in a heavy based pan and reduce it to 1/4th its quantity.
- - Heat the jaggery in a heavy saucepan and melt it down using 10 ml of water.
- - Add the jaggery to the boiling milk and stir well. Cook for another 5 minutes and cool down to about 40 degree C.
- - Stir in the curd. Pour in the mixture into a terracotta or clay pot and keep in a warm place to set.
- - Serve chilled.