Nahari (A Curry of Sheep's Trotters)
- - 6 pcs: Trotters, cleaned and ready to cook
- - 8 pcs: Marrow bones
- - 2 cup: Onions-sliced fine
- - 2 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- - Mint leaves for garnish
- - 1/4 tsp: Turmeric
- - 1 tbsp: Coriander powder
- - 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- - 1/4 tsp: Cinnamon powder
- - 6-8: Cloves
- - 6-8: Black cardamom, slightly crushed
- - 1/4 cup: Lemon juice
- - 1/2 cup: Coriander leaves, chopped
- - 1 cup: Oil
- - 2 tsp: Salt or to taste
- - Heat oil and sauté onions till brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and coriander powder and sauté till fat separates.
- - Add cinnamon, salt, cloves and cardamoms, stir fry to mix well and add the trotters and marrow bones and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, over low heat for two hours or till bones and trotters are softened.
- - Add the lime juice and coriander and simmer another 5 minutes or so.
- - Serve hot garnished with the mint leaves.