Ingredients (Serves 6)
- - Pomfrets (fish): 2
- - Raw mango, skin removed: 4 pieces (alternately, 5 kokums or 1 tsp of
- - Onions, chopped finely: 2
- - C hopped Green chillies: 2
- - Thick coconut milk: 4 cups
- - Coriander seeds: 2 tbsp
- - Chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- - Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- - Curry leaves: 8
- - Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- - Ginger paste: 1/2 tsp
- - Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- - Oil: 2 tbsp
- - Salt according to the taste
- - First sliced the fish and wash it properly in a running water.
- - Take half of turmeric powder, half of ginger-garlic paste and salt. Apply to the fish and marinate it for one hour.
- - Meanwhile grind the coriander seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and the leftover ginger paste very finely. Keep it aside.
- - Heat the oil and add it to the curry leaves and green chillies. After 2 minutes add chopped onions to it. Fry it by stiring till it turns to golden color.
- - Next, add fish to it and cook till it is done.
- - In between add ground masala that is mixed with two table spoons of water.
- - After the fish is cooked, add to it mango pieces or kokums or tamarind paste.
- - Finally add coconut milk and salt according to the taste. Simmer it only boiling once as a whole piece.
- - Garnish the preparation with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and pickle.