- 8 pcs: Arbi(colocassia) leaves
- 1 cup: Besan
- 2 tsp: Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp: Each dhania and jeera-roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp: Heeng powder
- Tamarind pulp, made from 40 gm: tamarind
- 50 gm: Gur
- 2 tsp: Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix the gur and tamarind pulp, heating a little to dissolve the gur.
- Place the leaves face down on the table and slice off the thick portion of the stalks with a sharp knife.
- Mix the besan, dhania, jeera, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, heeng and salt. Add to this the gur and tamarind mixture and enough water to make a paste which can be spread easily.
- Spread over a leaf, face down, in a thin layer, leaving a narrow margin all around.
- Place another leaf over this and repeat the besan application. Do the same with two more leaves. Tuck in the edges along the length and roll like a scroll. Repeat with the rest of the leaves.
- Steam rolls for 15 minutes in a pressure cooker. When cool, slice into 1"- 3" thick slices and deep fry before serving.