Potato in Curd Gravy
- - 3 medium size: Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- - 1 cup: Curd or yogurt (beaten)
- - 1/2 tsp: Ginger
- - 1/2 tsp: Garlic (grated)
- - 2-3: Green chillies (slit)
- - 1 stalk: Curry leaves
- - 1 tsp: Coriander leaves (chopped)
- - 1 tsp: Cumin
- - 1 tsp: Mustard seeds
- - 1/4 tsp: Wheat flour
- - 1/2 tsp: Dhania powder
- - 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1/4 tsp: Garam masala
- - 2 pinches: Asafoetida
- - 1 tsp: Red chilli powder
- - 1 tsp: Salt
- - 1 tsp: Oil
- - 1-1/4 cup: Water
- - Cut potatoes into big pieces. Mash 3-4 pieces fine with hand. Keep both aside.
- - Mix all the dry masala in 1/4 cup water.
- - Heat oil. Add seeds (cumin and mustard). When they splutter, add ginger-garlic, chilli and curry leaves. Add the masala mixture and fry for 2 minutes. Add beaten curd and fry for 5 minutes or till the curd loses its whiteness. Stir continuously after adding curd.
- - Add the remaining water and all the potato and flour. Stir well.
- - Boil and simmer for 10 minutes or till gravy thickens
- - Garnish with chopped coriander.
- - Serve hot with thin wheat chapaties and rice.