Potato in Curd Gravy
Ingredients (Serves: 5)
- 3 medium size: Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup: Curd or yogurt (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp: Ginger
- 1/2 tsp: Garlic (grated)
- 2-3: Green chillies (slit)
- 1 stalk: Curry leaves
- 1 tsp: Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp: Cumin
- 1 tsp: Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp: Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp: Dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp: Garam masala
- 2 pinches: Asafoetida
- 1 tsp: Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp: Salt
- 1 tsp: Oil
- 1-1/4 cup: Water
- Cut potatoes into big pieces. Mash 3-4 pieces fine with hand. Keep both aside.
- Mix all the dry masala in 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil. Add seeds (cumin and mustard). When they splutter, add ginger-garlic, chilli and curry leaves. Add the masala mixture and fry for 2 minutes. Add beaten curd and fry for 5 minutes or till the curd loses its whiteness. Stir continuously after adding curd.
- Add the remaining water and all the potato and flour. Stir well.
- Boil and simmer for 10 minutes or till gravy thickens
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with thin wheat chapaties and rice.