Ras Malai is one of the most popular sweet dishes in India. Ras Malai is basically dumplings made from cottage or ricotta cheese soaked in sweetened, thickened milk delicately flavored with cardamom. Serve it chilled and garnished with slivers of dried fruit.
- 1 liter Whole milk
- 1 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Almonds or Pistachios
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- Take a pan and add water and 1 cup of sugar to it. Mix and boil till all the sugar is dissolved and then keep it aside after turning off the flame.
- Knead the Paneer in a platter till very smooth and make balls slightly smaller than the size of a walnut and flattened slightly in the center.
- Reheat the syrup to boiling, and then simmer the flame. Now, gently drop in the Paneer balls into the syrup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take another pan and boil 1 liter of full cream milk with the 1/2 cup of sugar till it is reduced to ¼ of its original volume.
- Turn off the fir and add cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- Drain the syrup soaked Paneer balls and add them to the milk mixture.
- Chill it for a few hours nad garnish it with dry fruits.
- Lip smacking Ras Malai is ready to test your taste buds.