- - 1 litre: Milk
- - 300 gm: Sugar
- - 05 ml: Lemon juice
- - 3 drops: Rose essence
- - 1 litre: Water
List of Rakhi Recipes
- - For the preparation, heat the sugar and the water in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- - Boil the milk. Add the lemon juice and curdle the milk. Remove from fire and strain through a muslin cloth.
- - Hold under running water or dip in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute. Squeeze out the excess water.
- - Knead till very smooth. Make balls of desired size.
- - Now place the cheese balls in boiling syrup and cook for 15 minutes.
- - Switch off the flame and let the dumplings stand in the liquid until cool.
- - Chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- - Mix in the essence before serving.