- - 1 cup: Vermicelli
- - 1 cup: Milk
- - 1 cup: Sugar
- - A handful: Cashew nuts
- - A handful: Raisins
- - 1 pinch: Saffron
- - 2-3 pods: Cardamom
- - ¾ cup: Water
- - Heat the ghee and fry the vermicelli till light brown.
- - In the meanwhile, boil the water.
- - Add the vermicelli to the boiling water and cover it. Keep stirring occasionally.
- - Once the vermicelli becomes soft , add the sugar and continue to stir.
- - Put the saffron in the milk and dissolve it, add this milk to the vermicelli.
- - Powder the cardamom and add it to the mixture.
- - Then fry the cashew nuts and almonds in ghee and add these.
- - Mix well and boil for about two minutes.
- - Your payasam is ready and can be served hot or cold.