Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Full Name: Daniel Luca Vettori
Nick Name: Dan
Date of Birth (Birthday): 27 January 1979
Birth Place: Auckland, New Zealand
Height: 6 ft 3 in
Batting style: Left-handed
Bowling style: Slow left-arm orthodox
Role: All-rounder, New Zealand captain
Marital Status: Married
National Team : New Zealand
Sports Played : Cricket
Vettori was born in Auckland and brought up in Hamilton, attending Marian School and later St. Paul's Collegiate School. He is the eighth player in Test history to take 300 wickets and score 3,000 runs. He is the youngest player to have represented New Zealand in Test cricket, having made his debut in 1996-97 at the age of 18. When available, he plays provincial cricket for Northern Districts and is also an international member of Indian Premier League team the Delhi Dare Devils. Vettori also represents the Queensland Bulls in the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash. Daniel is among a very small minority of international sports stars to wear prescription spectacles while playing sport and is the first cricketer of Italian descent to represent New Zealand. In the fourth season of Indian Premier League, he was contracted by Royal Challengers Bangalore for US$550,000.
- - He was New Zealand's 'Almanack Player of the Year' in 2000 and 2005.
- - At 18, he was the youngest player to have debuted for New Zealand and he was also their youngest ever player to take a five-wicket haul in Tests.
- - He is also only the eighth player in Test history to have scored above 3000 runs and taken over 300 wickets.
- - He is New Zealand's second highest wicket-taker in Tests and the nation's leading wicket-taker in ODIs.
- - He is the most successful left-arm spinner of all time in Tests and is second on that list in ODIs.
- - He is the only New Zealand bowler to take a 12-wicket haul twice in Test cricket with his 12-149 being the second best match figures for a Kiwi in the longer format of the game.
- - Vettori has the most number of 5-wicket and 10-wicket hauls for a New Zealander in Tests and ODIs after Richard Hadlee.
- - For a Kiwi who has played over 200 ODIs he has the best economy rate.
- - He is only one of four players in Tests to have scored 5 centuries and taken more than 300 wickets.
- - Vettori is one of five New Zealand players to affect 130 dismissals as a fielder.
- - He is New Zealand's second ever bowler to take twelve 5-wicket hauls away from home.
- - He is the only New Zealander to have 10 'Man of the Match awards' in both Tests and ODIs.
- - He is the only Kiwi after Stephen Fleming to have played in 100 Tests.
- - After Richard Hadlee, Vettori is the only player from the Black Caps to take over 60 wickets against Australia in Tests.