Achanta Sharath Kamal
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
- - Full Name: Achanta Sharath Kamal
- - Date of Birth (Birthday): 12 July 1982
- - Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- - Hair Color: Black
- - Birth Place: Tamil Nadu, India
- - Religion: Hindu
- - Marital Status: Single
- - Languages: Hindi, Tamil and English
- - Professional Game: Table Tennis
- - Professional Game: Table tennis
- - Employer: Indian Oil Corporation
- - Club: San Sebastian de los Reyes (Spain)
- - Schooling: PSBB Nungambakkam school
- - Graduation : Loyola College, Chennai
Table Tennis Background
- - Famous Victories
- - 2004 - 16th Commonwealth table tennis championship held at Kualalumpur - Gold medal ( Men's Singles)
- - 2006 - Commonwealth Games, Melbourne – Gold medal ( Men's Doubles)
- - 2007 - Pyongyong Invitational Tournament, Pyongyong, North Korea
- - 2010 - US Open Table Tennis Men's championships
- - 2010 - Egypt open table tennis championship
- - 2006 - Commonwealth Games, Melbourne – Gold medal ( Men's Singles)
- - 2010 - Commonwealth Games, Delhi – Gold medal ( Men's Doubles)
- - 2010 - Commonwealth Games, Delhi – Gold medal ( Men's Single's)
- - He captained the Indian men's team to win team title at Egypt open table tennis championship.
- - Achanta is the first Indian to win singles title on the ITTF Pro Tour.
- - Represented India at 2004 Olympics and 2006 Asian Games.
- - First Indian to win the Pyongyong Invitational Tournament
- - Sharath was the only Indian Men's Table Tennis player to be selected for the Beijing Olympics.