Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
- - Full Name: Asbel Kiprop
- - Date of Birth (Birthday): 30 June 1989
- - Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- - Hair Color: Black
- - Birth Place: Uasin Gishu, Kenya
- - Religion: Christian
- - Height: 6 ft 2 in
- - Weight: 62 kg
- - Languages: Kenyan
- - Professional Game: Athletics
- - Father's Name: David
- - Mother's Name: Julia Kebenei
- - Brother's Name: Victor Kipchirchir Kebenei
- - Sport: Running
- - Event(s): 800 metres, 1500 metres
- - 2007 - Gold in Junior race at World Cross Country Championships held in Mombasa, Kenya.
- - 2007 - Gold in 1500 m at All-Africa Games held in Mombasa, Kenya.
- - 2008 - Gold in 800 m at World Cross Country Championships held in Algiers, Algeria.
- - 2008 - Bronze in 1500 m at African Championships held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- - 2008 - Gold in 1500 m at Summer Olympics held in Beijing, China.
- - 2008 - Silver in 1500 m at World Athletics Final held in Stuttgart, Germany.
- - 2010 - Gold in 1500 m at African Championships held in Nairobi, Kenya.
Insight to Asbel Kiprop's Life
Asbel Kiprop is a promising young track racer from Kenya. He belongs to a family which has a strong sports background. His father himself was also an athlete, who participated the 1987 All-Africa Games in Kenya. His younger brother Victor Kipchirchir Kebenei is also a 1500 metres runner. Kiprop started running at the age of 13, while at Simat School but very soon he gave up studies to concentrate on training. In the yar 2009, Kiprop was expelled from the camp in 2009 for breaking the rules by bringing his girlfriend to the centre.
Awards and Achievements
2007 - Awarded as most Promising Sportsman of the Year category Kenyan Sports Personality of the Year awards.